For the 2020-21 school year, the WDE is offering an ongoing series of webinars and online training videos called WAVES (Web-Based Academic Vision for Excellence Symposium). There will be 3-4 sessions per month for both K-12 and early childhood educators. The sessions will be 90-120 minutes.
Download Session Materials
- September 10, 2020: IDEA Legal Issues in COVID School Closures: FAPE, Comp Services, Other Issues by Jose Martin
- September 11, 2020: What About Us? PLC at Work Process for Grades Pre-K – 2 Teams by Brian Butler
Upcoming Sessions (All times noted are in MST)
- September 24: Conducting Comprehensive Evaluations by Bart Lyman
- September 25: FAPE in light of COVID-19 and Preschool LRE Consideration by Jose Martin
- October 8 (3:00-5:00 pm): Goal Writing by Dr. Tessie Rose Bailey (K-12 focus)
- October 9 (9:00-11:00 am): Comprehensive Evaluations & Observations for Early Childhood Pre-K – 2 by Annastashia Teepe
- October 22 (9:00-10:30 am): MTSS 101 by Bart Lyman (K-12 focus)
- October 23 (9:00-11:00 am): Social Emotional by TBD (Early Childhood focus)
Session Archives (Coming Soon!)
Contact – If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Duncan (email@example.com or 307-777-3530).