The Wyoming Department of Education has announced the start of the 2021-22 WAVES conference schedule. All sessions will be offered virtually – and free of charge – and include the opportunity for PTSB/STARS credits. Don’t miss the opportunity to capture high-quality professional development on topics critical to the success of our Wyoming students.
To register for an upcoming webinar, go to the WAVES section of the Special Education Programs page on the WDE website.
Upcoming Sessions (All times noted are in Mountain Standard Time)
- July 22, 2021 (11:00 am – 12:00 pm): IDEA Compliance for Out of District Placement: Institutions by Gail Eisenhauer
- August 11-12, 2021 (8:30 am – 12:30 pm): Special Education Paraprofessional Training Series by Lenore Knudtson
- September 9, 2021 : Partners of Students with Disabilities Day: This is a special event to honor those who support students with disabilities and their families
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: Partners of Students with Disabilities Day Activities
- 1:30 -3:00 pm: Keynote and question and answer session with Dr. Temple Grandin
- September 30, 2021 (3:30 – 5:30 pm): Executive Function Series 1: Executive Function and Metacognition: The Keys to Unlocking Success and Reducing Anxiety by Dr. Lynn Meltzer
- October 7, 2021 (3:30 – 5:30 pm): Executive Function Series 2: Executive Function and Stress Reduction: Flexible Thinking Strategies for Getting Unstuck by Dr. Lynn Meltzer and Donna Kincaid, M.Ed.
- October 14, 2021 (3:30 – 5:30 pm): Executive Function Series 3: Executive Function and Independent Learning: Strengthening Motivation and Engagement by Michael Greschler, Ed.M.
- October 21, 2021 (3:30 – 5:30 pm): Executive Function Series 4: Early Learners: Creating Spaces to Foster Flexible Mindsets and Reduce Stress by Dr. Julie Dunstan
Contact – If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Duncan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 307-777-3530).