For the 2020-21 school year, the WDE is offering an ongoing series of webinars and online training videos called WAVES (Web-Based Academic Vision for Excellence Symposium). There will be 3-4 sessions per month for both K-12 and early childhood educators. The sessions will be 90-120 minutes.
To register for an upcoming webinar, go to the WAVES section of the Special Education Programs page on the WDE website.
Upcoming Sessions (All times noted are in Mountain Standard Time)
- April 16, 2021 (3:30-5:00 pm): Child Find by Jose Martin
- April 29, 2021 (1:00-4:30 pm): Identifying and Overcoming Special Education Issues in a Virtual Setting by Jose Martin
- March 11, 2021: Avoiding Major Tier 3 Pitfalls: Keep it Simple! by Tessie Bailey
- March 12, 2021: Universal Design for the Inclusive Classroom by Nikki Baldwin, Tyler Gonzalez, and Char Norris
- March 25, 2021 (3:30-5:00 pm): Overview of Literacy for Students with Significant Intellectual Disabilities by Leslie Bechtel Van Orman
- March 26, 2021 (10:00-11:30 am): Avoiding Pitfalls in the IEP Process for Early Childhood by Stephanie Weaver
- April 15, 2021 (3:30-5:00 pm): Determining Educational Benefit by Lenore Knudtsen
Contact – If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Duncan (email@example.com or 307-777-3530).