The Wyoming Department of Education has announced the start of the 2021-22 WAVES conference schedule. All sessions will be offered virtually – and free of charge – and include the opportunity for PTSB/STARS credits. Don’t miss the opportunity to capture high-quality professional development on topics critical to the success of our Wyoming students.
To register for an upcoming webinar, go to the WAVES section of the Special Education Programs page on the WDE website.
Upcoming Sessions (All times noted are in Mountain Standard Time)
- October 7, 2021: Executive Function Series 2: Executive Function and Stress Reduction: Flexible Thinking Strategies for Getting Unstuck by Dr. Lynn Meltzer and Donna Kincaid, M.Ed.
- Presentation video
- Presentation slides with note-taking guide (Dr. Lynn Meltzer)
- Presentation slides with note-taking guide (Donna Kincaid, M.Ed.)
- Handout: Flexibility in Writing Tools
- Handout: Flexibility in Writing
- Handout: Writing Collaborator
- Handout: Diagnostic Lizard Rewrite
- Handout: Purposeful Highlighting
- Handout: The House
- October 12, 2021: Refining the Implementation of IDEA in Wyoming for Speech/Language Pathologists by Lenore Knudtson
- October 14, 2021: Executive Function Series 3: Executive Function and Independent Learning: Strengthening Motivation and Engagement by Michael Greschler, Ed.M.
- Presentation video
- Presentation slides with note-taking guide
- Handout: Strategy Planner
- Handout: Self-Determination Handout
- Handout: My Cando Goal
- Handout: Motivation and Engagement Resources
- Resource: 20 Strategies for Motivating Reluctant Learners
- Resource: Executive Function and Strengthening Motivation
- October 20, 2021: Special Education Paraeducator Booster Session #2 by Katie Harris and Christine Manning
- October 21, 2021: Executive Function Series 4: Early Learners: Creating Spaces to Foster Flexible Mindsets and Reduce Stress by Dr. Julie Dunstan
- November 9, 2021 (3:00 – 5:00 pm): Refining the Implementation of IDEA in Wyoming for PT/OT/BIS by Lenore Knudtson
Contact – If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Duncan (email@example.com or 307-777-3530)