Speech to Text Captioning
Speech to Text refers to the process of transcribing the spoken word into readable English text using a stenotype machine, notebook computer, and/or realtime software. Often referred to as CART or Communication Access Realtime Translation. Spoken information in the classroom is captured by a microphone and transcribed into print text for a student to read on a projected screen or personal laptop/tablet.
- Cart or Real Time Captioning
- CART Services for Deaf/HOH Demo (video)
- NCRA article: Standing Up For Your Rights
- Recent Case Law Pertaining to Provision of CART Services
- Web Captioner (free automated captioning)
- Examples of Variety of Speech to Text Services