Parent Information, Advocacy, and Support
- Parent Information Center (PIC). Parent Information Center (PIC) is Wyoming’s statewide Parent Training and Information Center (PTI) under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. PIC provides information, support and training to families of children with disabilities in Wyoming, ages birth to 26. PIC’s Outreach Parent Liaisons offer one-on-one support to families to help them understand their rights under special education, and help them navigate the process as meaningful partners at IEP’s. PIC offers newsletters, at no cost to families, and fact sheets on a variety of disability and special education topics. PIC is a project of Parents Helping Parents of Wyoming, Inc. a statewide non-profit parent organization.
- UPLIFT. Encouraging success and wellness for families, children, youth, and young adults with or at risk of emotional, behavioral, or learning disorders, disabilities, and other special health care needs.
- Wyoming Children’s Law Center. Wyoming Children’s Law Center advocates for the legal rights of children through policy advocacy, legal representation, and education. They use a combination of particular legal and child development skills to effectively represent children and provide them with the best chance to succeed and assume responsibility for their future. Their model includes an attorney/social worker team that provides a holistic approach to problems with emphasis on empowering families and helping them navigate legal issues and the collateral problems these issues create as well as utilizing service systems in proactive ways. They also use their case experience to identify system issues and look for opportunities to advocate for improvements to legal processes impacting children.
- Wyoming Families for Hands & Voices. Wyoming Families for Hands & Voices is dedicated to supporting families with children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing without a bias around communication modes or methodology. They are a parent-driven, non-profit organization providing families with the resources, networks, and information they need to improve communication access and educational outcomes for their children. Their outreach activities, parent/professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts are focused on assisting Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing children to reach their highest potential.
- Wyoming Family to Family Health Information Center (WY F2F HIC). This website is an online portal to high-quality, research-based information on improving the health your family and children with special health care needs. The information on this site is by families of children with special health care needs, UPLIFT family support specialists, and health professionals at the University of Wyoming.
- Wyoming Libraries’ Database (WYLD). WYLD includes the collections of more than 100 libraries, and access to ebooks, magazine article databases, language learning, auto repair, genealogy, and more.