What is the MTSS District Coaching project?
The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) successively completed the 1st year of the MTSS Coaching Project through funding with the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG).
During the 2nd year of implementation, WDE will continue to provide professional development and technical assistance in collaboration with the designated district coaches. The WDE welcomes new districts who are interested in increasing MTSS district-wide.
WDE will host a MTSS Training Series during the 2017-2018 school year. Training will include the four components of a Multi-Tiered System of Supports. Bart Lyman, MTSS State Coach, will lead districts through several hands-on activities including MTSS action planning. We encourage your designated MTSS district coach to attend along with a small team (3-4 additional members). Registration is limited. Register today!
- September 21-22: MTSS Implementation/Screening/Action Planning (Lander)
- November 9-10: Tier 1/Data-Based Decision Making/Action Planning (Riverton)
- January 25-26: Tier 2/Progress Monitoring/MTSS Action Planning (Riverton)
- March 22-23: Tier 3/MTSS Action Planning (Riverton)
- MTSS District Coaching Give & Get Chart
- MTSS Level of Supports
- MTSS Implementation Checklist for Literacy
- MTSS Implementation Checklist for Behavior
- Individualized MTSS Coaching Plan
Wyoming MTSS Recorded Coaching Sessions
2017 MTSS Summit Handout Material and Resources
- Team Building for Effective Collaboration and Data-Based Decision Making (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Engaging Families in MTSS: From Cradle to Career (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Improving MTSS Implementation and Outcomes through Problem Solving (PowerPoint Presentation)