- “At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child’s success is the positive involvement of parents.” (Jane Hull)
- “Children need models rather than critics.” (Joseph Joubert)
- “Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open.” (James Dewar)
- “Education is the great engine of personal development. It is through education that the daughter of a peasant can become a doctor, that a son of a mineworker can become the head of the mine and that a child of a farm worker can become the president of a nation.” (Nelson Mandela)
Family-School Partnership Resources
- National PTA Standards for Family School-Partnerships.
- Family and Community Engagement. Tools and Support. US Department of Education.
- A Parent’s Checklist (English and Spanish) – This guide provides families with questions, tips and resources to use to partner with their children’s teachers; to support their children’s success; and make sure their children are getting a high-quality education.
- Resources for Families and Educators. Family Matters inside the classroom & at home. National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- Research based tips for parents that provide practical guidance and information. Spanish version. Preguntas que hacen los padres sobre las escuelas. US Department of Education.
- WDE Guide to MTSS
- Multi-tiered System of Support (MTSS) & Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS)
- What is Response to Intervention (RTI)?
- Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support (PBIS) Frequently Asked Questions.
- Special Education: A Basic Guide for Parents
- Grade Specific Parent’s guide for grades K-8 and high school English, language arts/literacy and mathematics, the guide provide clear, consistent expectations for what students should be learning at each grade in order to be prepared for college and career (includes Spanish version)
- College and Career Readiness
- Developmental Milestones Matter! Milestone Checklist. Children reach milestones in how they play, learn, speak, act and move (crawling, walking, etc)
- Concerned about child’s development? Fact Sheets (English and Spanish). Milestones Checklist
- Sample Record-keeping worksheet to record conversation with service agencies regarding your child
- Food and Nutrition. My Plate Tips
- Wyoming School District Links